Monday, April 19, 2010

I have started making cakes...


I have started taking a cake decorating class at Get togethers. I LOVE IT!!! I didn't necessarily say Iwas good at it, but I enjoy it ( and I WANT to be good at it) I made my first cake this weekend for my cousin Kyle and his wife Katie's babyshower! They are having a girl!!!! Katie's let me be a small part of the process by going with her to find out what she is having and then making her cake!!! It ended up kind of like a small disaster!! I made a 12" two layer round cake. Pink butter cream icing between the 2 layers and over the cake. Baby Karlie's intials were monogrammed in chocolate butter cream on the top and small chocolate dots were on this cake. I had to go buy a bigger cake box and came back home and saw that my BEAUTIFUL CAKE had spit! I freaked a little...but it ended up ok... it was my 1st cake... I had NO beginner's luck!!! :)  in the pictures you can see the small smear mark? Well, this was where it all started....But it was delicious cake!! There ya go people, a look into my first experience at cake decorating!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I saw that cake it was really good besides that crack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Marshall I wrote that comment

    ReplyDelete